A Place Your Stuff Calls Home
Packing & Storage Tips
- Utilize all the space in your unit.
- Make a plan as to how you are going to arrange your items.
- Use freestanding shelves to help organize your unit.
- Always put the heavier boxes on the bottom and the lighter ones on top of the heavier ones. This will prevent boxes from being crushed.
- Be sure to store frequently used items at the front of the unit to avoid having to search for them.
- To protect your items cover them with moving pads, sheets, or light blankets.
- Very important: maintain your unit by sweeping & checking it at least once a month.
- If it is possible store couches on end.
- When stacking furniture use paper pads in between the items to avoid scratching.
- Wrap mattress using sheets/cotton for protection.
- Rubbermaid containers are great to store your items. They have tight fitting lids and stack easily.
- Keep out of season clothes accessible, you may have your belongings in storage longer than anticipated.
- Do not use plastic to cover your belongings. It retains moisture.
- Do not store any food items. This will prevent any unwanted guests.
- Do not store any toxins or flammables such as paint, oil, or gasoline.
- Do not forget to lock your storage unit securely before leaving the facility.
Storage Size Estimator
Moving and Storage Supplies